I decided to make some easy ornaments for my friends. These are made in "prairie point" style. Pretty easy.
I used a 4 1/2" square, a 3 1/2" square, and a 2 1/2" square. I had a bag with left over Christmas fabrics to use--and found a tiny ribbon in a notions drawer. I was set. (You could change the size of the squares and even use 4 if you wanted).
- First I cut the squares from the fabric
- then pressed them using starch spray to stiffen a bit
- Folded each square diagonally - twice.
- I tied a knot at the top of the ribbon for a loop
- I used a bit of glue along where the ribbon would go--pressed it dry
- Then I zig zag stitched along the length of the centers - where the ribbon was.
- I just used a crystal at the top because I was in a rush. You could embellish these with lots of sparkles.
Here they are--pretty simple, but would go well on top of a package.
Merry Christmas to all.