As usual it took longer than I thought, but it's finally finished.
Here is the design stage of the star. I kept re-drawing it to get the angles the way I wanted them.The center section of the star is the same glitzy stuff as the area between the sections.
I will admit that all of the "wonderful" ideas that I have don't turn out quite the way I would have imagined them. This one is of that variety. I do like the finished look, but the dreams were better....:)
Christmas is coming--wait, it's almost here. I'm trying to finish a "tree".
Here are some of the steps along the way...
The background sky area is woven on a 1" grid, diagonally.
I built the backgrounds in separate sections which will be attached at the end of the process.
This is all 5 sections quilted, but not yet attached.
Here is the edge treatment between the sections...more to come
I have one more thing to make before I can attach all of the sections.
Hopefully in 1 to 2 days it'll be done--then I can deck the halls.
Cat Tails is the result of an idea that has been rolling around in my head for a couple of years. I had previously done a quilt of this baby tiger and that scene had no tail...I decided to feature the tail in this one.
The background sky is an experiment with a couple of gradation fabrics I found at PIQF.
The ground is my Mosaic method.
We found a tiny frog on the cat tails in a trip to the marsh so he became a hidden feature in this quilt too.