It was a productive day. I got Joseph stitched together so he's almost done. Then I started working on Mary's hair. So here she is in pieces. More hair below. Then I'll get her stitched together too--it's coming together and I'm excited to get it done.
this shows the hair process for those interested. It's really just a freezer paper technique--folding the edges over the paper pattern and then putting them back together. However, the pointy curls on the ends of the hair were too hard to get folded around the paper well, so my solution was to put a tiny piece of fusible on the ends and cut those sharp points.
So it's a combination, but for me it's what works that's important.