I decided to add a kit to the store to get you started on a Mosaic Picture Quilt. You will of course, need to provide all of the fabrics for squares, backing, batting, and binding.
- Pellon Quilter's Grid 820--it has a grid printed on it in 1" squares and a light fusible on one side - this is what we build the picture upon.
- Nylon tulle--a very fine netting that is used as an overlay after the picture is built and you are ready for quilting.
- Clean newsprint paper--used in the building process to keep glue off your ironing surface, to make the grid lines more visible, and to give you something more stable to pick up the piece if you need to. When the project is done, this is discarded.
- Alaska Photomap pattern - this is not included in any of the books - it's extra.
- Minimal instructions to get you started.
I think you'll find making an art quilt in this fashion fun and easy.
You'll find the Kit in the Store here